Leading a B2B sales team is hard work. The buck stops with you when it comes to ... well, everything!
Did you know that the average tenure of a sales manager is just 19 months? This stat is a bit old, but the situation has probably not improved much since.
Like us marketers, sales leaders are continually having to upskill. You need to become experts at hiring, training, managing, motivating and compensating teams that are often spread across the globe. Tough gig! When I need inspiration, motivation and a little problem-solving help, I turn to articles from B2B marketing thought leaders. Do you do the same for sales?
Here are five fantastic sales leadership blogs you can subscribe to today:
This is an editorial site and collective of software experts dedicated to providing original research and cutting edge advice and insights on a range of topics that matter most to early and expansion stage software entrepreneurs. It's got some great articles for sales leaders.
- The ultimate SaaS sales resources guide
- How to coach a B2B sales team to win bigger and better deals
- The biggest mistake I made as head of sales
John Burrows is sales trainer to the world's fastest growing companies, including Box, Salesforce and Marketo. He has had articles published in Inc., Huffington Post, Forbes, HBR & Fortune. His blog is full of practical advice.
- Content versus context
- How I made the mental shift with social selling
- 11 simple ways you can get better at sales every day
This is a SBI is a management consulting firm specializing in sales and marketing. Their blog is a wonderful source of fresh strategic content and practical advice for sales leaders.
- Elevate Sales Ops from tactical grunt to strategic partner
- Top 3 sales strategy priorities of CEOs
- 2018 priority: Grow revenue with customer success
This is a sales leadership training firm that focuses on helping leaders become better coaches. They publish new articles all the time with helpful tips for motivating and leading your sales team.
- Teaching the 4 basic skills of value selling
- 3 ways to tell if you're a sales coach or just a critic
- How to build a stronger, more loyal sales team
5. Sales Wars
This one is from QuotaFactory, an outsourced sales development services company. Their blog is a great resource if you're looking for advice and thought leadership on sales strategy and process.
- 6 sales performance metrics that matter most for an inside sales team
- How to transition from a lead-based to an account-based everything approach
- The formula for hiring sales development reps that are successful
Of course, we'd never miss the opportunity to punt our own sales and marketing blog articles :) Who are some of your favorite sales thought leaders?